Today at 4:00 p.m. will mark the start of the PhRMA 2016 Annual Meeting here in Washington, D.C. Click below to watch events so far.
Over the next two days, we’ll hear from speakers from across the health care spectrum about delivering innovative treatments to patients. From a closer look at personalized medicines as the next health care frontier to policy solutions for our evolving health care system to exploring innovation and the future of medical discovery, the Annual Meeting speakers and panels will foster robust discussion and insight.
Here is a closer look at what we’ll be covering:
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
- 4:00 p.m. – Chairman’s Welcome and Address, Kenneth C. Frazier, chairman of the board of directors, PhRMA (2015-2016), chairman of the board and CEO, Merck & Co., Inc.
- 4:15 p.m. – Q&A with Andy Slavitt, acting administrator, Centers for Medicare &Medicaid Services
- 4:45 p.m. – Personalized Medicine: The Next Health Care Frontier
Alan J. Balch, Ph.D., CEO, National Patient Advocate Foundation
Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., director, National Institutes of Health
Mikael Dolsten, M.D., Ph.D., president, worldwide research and development, Pfizer Inc.
Moderated by Amy Miller, Ph.D., executive vice president, Personalized Medicine Coalition
Thursday, March 10, 2016
- 8:30 a.m. – President’s Address, Stephen J. Ubl, president and CEO, PhRMA
- 8:45 a.m. – Live Stream Exclusive: Partner Perspectives on Medical Innovation
Grace-Marie Turner, president, Galen Institute
Thomas Kowalski, president and CEO, Texas Healthcare & Bioscience Institute
Stephen Rapundalo, Ph.D., president and CEO, MichBio
Moderated by Mike Ybarra, M.D., senior director, PhRMA
- 10:30 a.m. – Innovation: The Future of Medical Discovery
Jeffrey S. Flier, M.D., dean of the faculty of medicine, Harvard University
Joseph Jimenez, CEO, Novartis AG
Kim Thiboldeaux, CEO, Cancer Support Community
Moderated by Andrew C. von Eschenbach, M.D., president, Samaritan Health Initiatives
- 11:40 a.m. – Closing Address, George A. Scangos, Ph.D., chairman-elect of the board of directors, PhRMA (2015-2016), CEO, Biogen
We hope you’ll tune in and join us in the online conversation using #PhRMA16.
Josephine Martin Josie Martin is Executive Vice President of Public Affairs at PhRMA. In a career spanning over 20 years, she worked on the Senate Finance Committee, The American Red Cross and has touched many facets of healthcare communications, from anti-smoking campaigns and getting America fit to cancer awareness.